Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Yo Joe June, Day 29: Firefly!

As I work on these it seems like I've had a lot of Cobra characters showing up, which surprises me because I'm one of those weirdos who prefers the good guys. But a quick check shows me that the good guys are actually ahead and winning, Like They're Supposed to be Doing! 

Today's post is another sketch out of my old GI Joe sketchbook! This one comes to us from Mid Ohio Con in 2010, by the infamous, Michael Golden! 

Yo Joe June, Day 29: Firefly by Michael Golden! 

It's hard to figure out where to start with this one, Michael Golden's a giant in the world of comics and some of his most memorable work was for GI Joe! His GI Joe yearbooks are legendary and his covers for the regular run at Marvel are outstanding! 
 
Michael Golden hasn't been a stranger to comic book conventions but at this Mid Ohio Con I finally decided to go for it and try to get Michael to draw in my GI Joe sketchbook! I had seen Michael at other shows and kind of ran some characters past him to gauge his interest and Firefly seemed to catch his attention. At that time, Michael didn't remember drawing Firefly outside of his work for Marvel, so it seemed like a plan! I think everyone appreciates Firefly as a Cobra villain, I know I do!

I checked on Michael's progress while he worked on this at his table and it was something else to see him drawing in my sketchbook, not to mention creating this killer piece! Michael seemed pleased with the finished sketch, especially his idea to do the camo pattern in pencil, to make it stand out from his inks! I was absolutely thrilled and still am! I feel very fortunate to have such a superb sketch from Michael Golden of such a  stellar character!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment