Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Yo Joe June, Day 18: Lady Jaye!

 If you ever have the opportunity to meet Todd Nauck at a comic book convention, don't cheat yourself! When you walk away you'll be convinced that Todd was there to meet you, he's like a fan who draws like a pro but still wants to meet and hang out with fans! 

Yo Joe June, Day 18: Lady Jaye by Todd Nauck!


I've met Todd Nauck at several conventions and I have commissioned artwork from him a few time, too. This however, is one of those rare instances where you stumble upon a piece the artist did and it's just too good to pass up! 

One day I was minding my own business, scrolling through social media and I came across this beauty! Actually, I think Todd had only posted the pencils at that point but the finished version appeared soon after! Here, Todd had been playing the original GI Joe cartoons from the 80s and just did this for fun because he was enjoying a nostalgia rush of GI Joe! I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing better than when the artist is a fan, too!

So, a couple of things to keep in mind here. The first is that I love Todd Nauck, as a person and as a artist! He is just the absolute best at both! The second is that I love Lady Jaye, she's my favorite female character from GI Joe! Based on all of that I'm sure you can guess that I quickly contacted Todd, who was nice enough to sell me this fine piece of art! 

I admit I'm a little biased as far as both Todd and Lady Jaye go but you have to admit this is a phenomenal pin-up of Lady Jaye! She looks like she's directly out of the cartoon series but with a hint of modern thrown in! 

Todd also did a Zartan, a Cobra Commander and I think a Snake Eyes around the same time. They are extremely cool, if you can find those online!  You can enjoy more of Todd's artwork here: 

 https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfToddNauck

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck

https://www.instagram.com/toddnauck/

No comments:

Post a Comment