Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Friday, June 16, 2023

Yo Joe June, Day 16: Snake Eyes versus Storm Shadow!

 This is another piece from my original GI Joe sketchbook and it wasn't an easy one to pick out! I knew I wanted to showcase one of the pieces Darryl Banks has done for me but they are all just amazingly good, it's hard to pick my favorite! This is one where Darryl definitely went over the top, so it was a good tie breaker! 

Yo Joe June, Day 16, Snake Eyes versus Storm Shadow by Darryl Banks! 


Darryl has some GI Joe credits, having worked on the GI Joe Reloaded series and he's done some figure design work for Hasbro! Even better, Darryl is a GI Joe fan! When I see him it's quite normal for us to bring up the action figures or discuss a classic cartoon episode! And let me tell you, there's nothing better than getting a sketch by a fan!

For this piece, I requested Snake Eyes versus Storm Shadow. I gave Darryl several different references to chose from and he liked the Robert Atkins design for Storm Shadow. I may never get over the awesomeness of GI Joe Resolute, so I asked Darryl to draw that version of Snake Eyes since I thought the two versions matched up nicely. 

And what do you know, Darryl went and outdid himself, again! Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are seriously mixing it up! And then there's the Arashikage banner and a HISS Tank in the background! Just Wow! This pin-up should really be on a poster for something! 

Enjoy more artwork by Darryl Banks at:

https://twitter.com/RealBankster

https://www.instagram.com/glprime/

No comments:

Post a Comment