Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Monday, June 19, 2023

Yo Joe June, Day 19: Tomax and Xamot!

I just got home from Heroes Con 2023 and this was my GI Joe art pick-up from the convention! I have to tell you, if I could only get one GI Joe sketch, this is exactly who I want it from! I met Pat Quinn at Heroes Con a few years ago. My friend and fellow GI Joe art collector, Christopher Giles made me aware of him and now Pat can't get rid of me! 

Yo Joe June, Day 19: Tomax and Xamot by Pat Quinn! 


I have several sketches and commissions from Pat and he's not only the nicest guy to chat with, he knows his comics! I've gotten a variety of characters from him and he always makes each piece unique and fun! 

Case in point, Tomax and Xamot! Not only did Pat deliver a detailed and explosive looking sketch, complete with lots of firepower and a Cobra logo, the sharp-eyed viewer will catch that Tomax is in the shape of a T and Xamot is in the shape of an X!  And no, I didn't catch it, Pat had to tell me. But how freaking cool! I've always thought the twins were a little crazy, so I love their enthusiasm in this piece!

Pat has done several GI Joe comic books for Devil's Due but he's also a professor at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) where he gets to pass on his knowledge and skill to future creators! 

Please check out more of Pat's sensational artwork online and if you see him at a show, say Hi and check out what he's working on! 

 https://twitter.com/pqcomics

No comments:

Post a Comment