Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Yo Joe June, Day 27: Scarlett and Snake-Eyes!

Tom Feister is no stranger to GI Joe, he's worked on many issues for IDW and Devil's Due! I feel like became friends with Tom the same time I got to know him as a creator and it was quite obvious, he was an old school, die hard GI Joe fan, too! 

Yo Joe June, Day 27: Scarlett and Snake-Eyes by Tom Feister!


 Tom can talk GI Joe all day, regardless if it's the Marvel Comics run or the 1980s cartoons. And as an artist he is always trying to find new and exciting ways to create. His covers for IDW were innovative and cool! He not only looks for new perspectives but just new ways to make each piece unique and dynamic! 

There's this cover of Zartan that Tom made using photos of real people to make up the image of Zartan, because as you know, Zartan can turn into other people! How ingenious! 

Or this one featuring Flint getting the better of Zartan. This one I just like because it's so intense! And I'm a Flint fan!

Or this cover of Ripcord which is impressive and exciting and shows off Tom's fantastic choice of palette, I love it! (I also own the original art ot this cover, thanks to Tom!)

I got a little off topic here but I think you can see why! So the "sketch" Tom did for me was whatever characters he wanted to do. I gave him my sketchbook and couldn't believe that this was what he created for me! Two of the coolest characters in a moment of calm but still looking bad ass! I think IDW missed out on an awesome cover from  Tom with this one but their loss is totally my gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment