Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Yo Joe June, Day 28: Serpentor!

As Yo Joe June begins to wind down, it's actually getting harder to choose pieces to share! I'm trying not to repeat artists or characters too much so we can all enjoy a variety! There's way too many cool and unique characters in the GI Joe mythos for me to just keep sharing new versions of my favorites. Just like there are way too many amazing creators who I've been lucky enough to have draw, sketch or paint these characters! 

Yo Joe June, Day 28: Serpentor by Dan Govar! 

If you aren't familiar with Dan Govar's work, go check it out! As soon as you're done reading this post! And whatever genre of fun you're into, Dan has probably drawn it! Correction, Dan has probably painted it! Because Dan paints the hell out of everything he works on! Star Wars, Aliens, mermaids, Lord of the Rings, sea life, wild animals, the X-Men, Batman, dragons...Oh you HAVE to see his dragons! Anyway, the point is, he's not only super talented, he knows his way all over comics and pop culture! 

My good friend and fellow GI Joe art collector, jon Thurmond, didn't just introduce me to Dan, he pretty much walked me over to his table, introduced us and left me there in awe of Dan's work! Jon had gotten GI Joe artwork from Dan and I followed suite! I have several pieces, not all of which are GI Joe, and I almost shared the first GI Joe piece he did for me but I really wanted you to be able to see this one! 

As I mentioned, Dan can paint just about any animal, creature or alien you can think of! So, when looking for the next GI Joe character to have him do for me, I came to Serpentor! The guy's dressed as a giant snake and acts all regal, I figured Dan would be perfect! Dan, of course, had to take it a few steps farther and knock it out of the freaking park! 

It appears that even when Serpentor's chilling on his giant Cobra throne he looks like he could be deciding if he should assassinate you or take over your country! The texture to Serpentor's outfit are perfect, all those snakes add to his eeriness and the colors absolutely Pop!   

Now that you've seen what Dan can do, go check out some of his work online and hopefully you get the chance to see him at a convention. He'll be happy to meet you and thrilled to create a cool piece for you, too! 

 https://www.danielgovar.com/

 https://twitter.com/saulone

https://www.facebook.com/DanielGovar

 https://www.instagram.com/danielgovar/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment