Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Star-Spangled Sketches: Team America!

I couldn't celebrate a theme titled, Star-Spangled Sketches and not include Team America!

You probably aren't familiar with Team America, the Marvel Comic only made it 12 issues but since it's one of the books I started collecting as a kid, and they 100% were running around the Marvel Universe,  I had to include them! The good news for you is, I don't have much Team America art to share! 


 Let's start with the fact that Team America first appeared in the pages of Captain America! They also appeared in New Mutants and the Thing! And they had guest appearances by Iron Man, Ghost Rider and they fought Hydra! 


Look at those Covers! Look at those Uniforms! These guys were more Star-Spangled then Captain America and GI Joe put together! 

As far as sketches, I just have this one, of the Marauder! He's beyond cool and mysterious but also the most un-Star-Spangled of the group. 

The Marauder by Ron Frenz!


I do also have these 2 pages from Team America issue 5, pages 10 and 15. Pencils by Alan Kupperburg and Inks by Vince Colletta. They do nicely spotlight Honcho's Team America racing suit!



I don't know that you were expecting Team America to make an appearance during my Star-Spangled Sketches but I'm glad I had this chance to share Team America with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment