Nuke-Simek: The Cranboyz Pointman!

Monday, July 3, 2023

Star-Spangled Sketches: Nuke!

From the pages of DareDevil came the super soldier we didn't know existed but he become one of my all-time favorite characters, Nuke! I mean, you did see this blog is called, Nuke's Comic Art Bunker, right?

Created to protect our nation and it's citizens, Nuke was a product of the government's attempt to recreate Captain America and his Super Soldier Serum. Instead, Nuke became a weapon, used by the government and those who manipulate it (The Kingpin. I'm talking about the Kingpin). 


First of all, if you've never read DareDevil Born Again by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli, I'm not here to judge you. Just go find a copy and read it, now! I've never been the biggest DareDevil fan but I've enjoyed some great DareDevil stories and this is at the top of that list! It's also where we were first introduced to Nuke! 

Nuke has encountered Captain America, since they're sort of two different sides of a coin but Nuke's story didn't end well. However, Nuke must have proven popular because he's been brought back and his story changed, retconned and manipulated, just like the super soldier himself! The poor guy just wanted to rescue POWs and protect Americans but his handlers kept him hoped up on his reds, whites and blue pills, Nuke just never had a chance. Thankfully, Captain America has gotten through to him but it never seems to matter.

I actually don't have as many sketches of Nuke as I'd like but I'm working on that!

Nuke by Lee Weeks!


 Nuke by Ron Salas!


Nuke by Drew Moss! 


Nuke by Chris Giarrusso! 



Heading into the 4th of July, have fun, stay safe and don't forget...



No comments:

Post a Comment